|Pro-Am Adult – 1 or 2 Dance Entries|
|1st Place||8 points|
|2nd Place||7 points|
|3rd Place||6 points|
|4th Place||5 points|
|5th Place||4 points|
|6th Place||3 points|
|7th Place||2 points|
|8th Place||1 point|
- All persons attending the American Star Ball Championships, whether as spectators, competitors, officials, staff, guests, etc. shall be bound by the rules and regulations of the National Dance Council of American (NDCA) and, by participating in this event, automatically become obliged to adhere to them.
- Every person attending the American Star Ball Championships does so at his or her own risk and expressly and irrevocably waves any claim or claims against the NDCA, American Star Ball Championships, its organizers, employees, and representatives arising from loss, personal injury, death or damage associated with this event.
- The American Star Ball Championships, its organizers, and the NDCA accept no responsibility for damage, loss or theft of property left in changing rooms, ballroom, guest rooms, or hotel.
- This event may be photographed by video, photography, or other method. All persons attending this event may be photographed and, by their presence, waive any claim related to the use of that photography and the rights of any copyright, privacy or publicity associated with said photography. The American Star Ball Championships and its organizers reserve all print, electronic and broadcast rights and reserve the right to use any and all photography taken at the American Star Ball Championships for future promotional purposes.
- Private videotaping is not allowed at any time during the American Star Ball Championships without express permission from the organizers. Violators may be asked to leave the ballroom or have their cameras confiscated until after the competition. Professional videographers and photographers will be available.
- Professionals competing in any capacity and amateur couples must be currently registered with the NDCA and supply the organizers with an official registration number on entry forms and upon request.Registration Forms are available from www.NDCA.org or Dawid Schulz
3214 North University Avenue, Box #406, Provo, Utah 84604, (801) 422-8124
- Entry waivers for minors must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Entries consist of completed entry form, signed waiver, accounting form (if applicable), and payment in full. Incomplete entries will not be processed. Entries received after April 15, 2019 will be accepted at the discretion of the organizers if space and time permits.
- Registration Deadline: April 15, 2019 – Please send all completed forms and payment in full made payable to “AMERICAN STAR BALL”. Personal and studio checks as well as credit cards will NOT be accepted at the competition. Payment must accompany all completed forms no later than April 15, 2019. Any payments received after the deadline must be made in the form of a money order or cashier’s check. A $35 returned check fee will applied to all returned payment.
- Pre-Teen, Junior, & Youth Early-bird Registration Deadline: Save $5 per entry when entries are submitted with valid 2019 NDCA number and payment in full by April 1st, 2019 – Please send all completed forms and payment in full made payable to “AMERICAN STAR BALL” by the early-bird deadline. All early-bird entries received without a valid 2019 NDCA membership number will be ineligible for the early-bird discount and will be priced at the regular competition rate.
- Cancellation/Refund Policy: Cancellation must be made in writing. Cancellations received prior to April 15, 2019 will receive a refund by mail no later than 30 days after completion of the event minus a $50 service charge. No refunds will be issued for package and/or entry and/or room reservation cancellations received after April 15, 2019. Credit or partial credit toward entry fees for the following year, may be considered at the sole discretion of the organizers in cases of emergency only when notified prior to the start of the competition and when accompanied by a physician’s certificate. Canceled entries taken at the event cannot be substituted by another entry and no refund will be made on such a cancellation.
- There are no refunds or exchanges on general admission tickets.
- Changes or additions to entries after April 15, 2019 will be accepted at the sole discretion of the organizers.
- There will be no substituting of a student with another student during the event.
- All entries must be complete and all fees paid before competitor numbers are issued and before competitors are allowed to dance.
- The organizers reserve the right to modify the final schedule if necessary. In accordance with NDCA rules, events may commence up to 30 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
- Competitors must be in the ballroom 30 minutes before their scheduled heat and in the “on deck” area a minimum of 3 heats before their scheduled heat. Events will not be delayed for latecomers.
- Events with less than 3 entries may be canceled to combined across age and/or gender divisions. Prize monies may be reduced in events with less than 3 entries.
- The judges’ decisions will be final. No competitor shall question or harass a judge about his or her personal marks.
- Marks will be posted at the registration desk and online. Anyone removing posted marks or master scrutineer sheets without permission may be subject to disciplinary action.
- All closed syllabus events will be invigilated using the current NDCA list of elements and restrictions. Penalties may be given without warning for any syllabus infractions.
- Competitors shall conduct themselves in a civil, sportsmanlike manner at all times while on the competition premises.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject entries from competitors who have previously violated rules of conduct at NDCA events.
- Prize money vouchers are void after 60 days from date of issue.
- Additional rules for Pro-Am competitors include:
- Pre-teens, Juniors, and Youth Pro-Am competitors may dance true age and dance up one age higher.
- Adult Pro-Am Competitors may enter, in addition to their regular age, two age categories younger than his/her regular age. (i.e. Ladies B can dance in Ladies A3 and Ladies A2 as well as Ladies B). May not dance down to Youth.
- Pro-Am Competitors may only dance two divisions (i.e. Bronze and Silver levels or Silver and above levels).
- For each Scholarship event entered, Pro/Am competitors must dance an equal number of single dances in the same style.
- For the Pro/Am 9-Dance and 10-Dance Championships, competitors must dance with the same teacher for all dances. Ex: Competitors cannot dance smooth with one teacher and rhythm with another.
- Ladies and gentleman will be combined for all multi-dance Pro-Am events.
- Figures used in American-style Newcomer through Full Silver syllabus events are restricted to NDCA-approved figures, elements, and restrictions. Figures used in American-style Gold syllabus events are restricted to the approved syllabi of member organizations of the NDCA and the official NDCA American-style syllabi.
- Figures used in International Newcomer through Full Gold are restricted to NDCA-approved figures, elements and restrictions.
- Syllabus figure restrictions do not apply to Adv. Gold or Open events.
- The Newcomer division is restricted to bronze syllabus.
- Newcomer Scholarship are for students that have NEVER competed or have competed less than 1-year.
- Pre-Teen Pro-Am competitors are restricted to syllabus figures from approved syllabi of member organizations of the NDCA and the official NDCA syllabus.
- No continuity style will be permitted in the American Bronze levels.
- Open divisions are not material restricted.
- Lifts are only permitted in the Solo Exhibitions.
- Maximum of two Solo Exhibitions per student will be accepted. Solo Exhibition must be completed within 3 minutes, music will be faded out. Solo exhibitions critique sheets and scores will be available to studio personnel at the registration desk.
- Costumes are permitted at any level for Junior, Youth, Adult, and Senior Pro-Am competitors. Pre-Teen competitors must adhere to NDCA Pre-Teen costume requirements.
- Additional rules for Amateur competitors include:
- Amateur competitors must be registered with the NDCA for 2019 and provide valid proof of 2019 registration at the event.
- Amateur competitors without a valid NDCA number will be asked to register at the competition before they are permitted to dance. They will be charged the NDCA registration fee plus an additional $20 processing fee.
- An amateur couple’s age classification is determined by: 1) the age of the older partner for Pre-Teen, Junior, Youth, and Adult classifications or 2) the age of the younger partner for Senior classification.
- Pre-Teen, Junior, and Youth amateur couples may dance up one age category.
- Senior amateur couples may dance down one age category.
- Amateur competitors may dance in two consecutive levels per style (ex – Bronze & Silver, not Pre-Bronze & Silver).
- Mixed Amateur (Singles) events are open to individual amateur Pre-Teen, Junior, or Youth competitors. The single competitor must be partnered by another amateur competitor. The age of the Single competitor shall determine the age level entered and only the Single will be judged.
- Figures used in American-style Newcomer through Full Silver syllabus events are restricted to NDCA-approved figures, elements, and restrictions. Figures used in American-style Gold syllabus events are restricted to the approved syllabi of member organizations of the NDCA and the official NDCA American-style syllabus.
- Figures used in International Pre-Bronze through Gold are restricted to NDCA-approved figures, elements and restrictions.
- Pre-Teen competitors are restricted to syllabus figures from approved syllabi of member organizations of the NDCA and the official NDCA syllabi.
- No continuity style will be allowed in the American Bronze levels.
- Lifts are not permitted at any time.
- Costume requirements are as follows:
- All Pre-Teen competitors must adhere to NDCA Pre-Teen costume guidelines
- Syllabus dress for Pre-Bronze through Gold
- Either “Syllabus” dress or “Open Amateur” dress for Novice
- “Open Amateur” dress for Pre-Champ and above.
- Additional rules for Professional competitors include:
- Professional competitors must be registered with the NDCA for 2019 and provide valid proof of 2019 registration at the event.
- Professional Showdance – Due to time limits only 12 solos will be accepted. First come, first serve. Couples will be judged performing a solo routine of their own choice, not to exceed three minutes duration, including walk-on and walk-off music. Therefore, all competitors entering this event must come prepared with their own special music. Lifts are allowed.
- There is no entry fee for Professional Top Teacher.
- This is a unisex competition.
- Teachers must be on package and must have a minimum of 50 Pro-Am adult entries in order to be eligible for top teacher awards.
- Junior Pro/Am entries will receive ½ the value of an adult Pro/Am entry.
- If a teacher does not have the minimum entries required for the placement they earned, they will receive the placement for which they qualified.
- Point accumulation:Rules for Professional Top Teacher:
|Pro-Am Adult – 3 or 4 or 5 Dance Entries|
|1st Place||20 points|
|2nd Place||15 points|
|3rd Place||10 points|
|4th Place||8 points|
|5th Place||6 points|
|6th Place||4 points|
|7th Place||2 points|
|8th Place||2 points|